Monday, December 29, 2008

A Long Day

Now that the snow's pretty much melted, people are dieing to get out of the house. These last two days at the Bird have been quite a bit busier than its been in quite sometime, but yesterday was especially crazy. I came on at noon as an expo, and by 1:30 I had realized that it was going to be a busier day than usual. I was able to sneak away for a half hour to eat some lunch at 2:45. I clocked back on at 3:15, and wouldn't get another break of any sort until I clocked off. I started serving at 4. Our lobby was full all night with people waiting to be sat. That night was ran out of cheddar cheese, hamburger patties, white buns (twice), wheat buns, clucks and fries, prime rib dip, and almost ranch dressing. It was disasterous. I dropped a tray of food, and spilled a glass of wine on a girl celebrating her 21st birthday. It just wasn't my night. I finally clocked off at 11:15. What a night!

5 comments:

theballroom said...

YIKES! I bet people aren't particularly happy when Red Robin runs out of hamburgers. How is that even possible? Well, you probably could have made some good tips if you hadn't spilled food all over everyone.

Ted Jones said...

People weren't happy... I was serving these two old ladies that were super grumpy about it. I still made good tips... about $140

theballroom said...

what about from the girl whose birthday you ruined?

Ted Jones said...

I didn't ruin her birthday, cause they were all faded...They tipped me a fifty spot

Mr. Jig said...

thats what i'm talkin about