Friday, November 7, 2008

Jack Ryan

So I watched Patriot Games the other day. Which is an awesome movie. Anyway, it prompted me to google Jack Ryan. There have been 4 Jack Ryan movies, and a number of books. Anyway, I was super disappointed to see that there are plans for a new Jack Ryan movie staring... Ryan Gosling. Putting Ryan Gosling in a movie is a great way to discourage dudes from watching anything. Not that Ben Afleck and Alec Baldwin are great (I had a hard time getting through The Hunt for Red October for quite some time because of Alec Baldwin). Although Ben Afleck is a pretty good choice if you're trying to cast a young Alec Baldwin. Maybe Harrison Ford just gave me high standards for Jack Ryan

10 comments:

theballroom said...

What's wrong with Ryan Gossling? Just cause he was in The Notebook doesn't mean every movie he is in is gonna be a chick flick. I like him. I don't know if I like him for Jack Ryan but I do like him.

Ted Jones said...

he's ok of an actor, but not man enough to be in a dudely movie... Kindof like Emilio Estevez, but less cool

Tim said...

Gossling is the man.

Ted Jones said...

no, he's not... There's nothing manish about him

theballroom said...

Have you seen Fracture? You should it is a pretty good flick and it has Ryan Gossling in it. AND Emilio Estevez? Come on now! How can you even compare the two? Emilio LAME. I mean Ryan Gossling has to be kind of cool to have gotten Rachel McAdams she is pretty hot.
P.S. Don't even try to say "Emilio Estevez, Ali?!? The Mighty Ducks? He's tight!"

theballroom said...

dudley?

Ted Jones said...

not dudley...DUDELY. Like made for dudes.

Come on Ali...Emilio Estevez?...The Breakfast Club? Repo Man? Young Guns 1 and 2?...He's fo sho tight

Mr. Jig said...

Ryan Gossling is the man

theballroom said...

Sorry I got what you were saying DUDE-ly. I made a typo and I just didn't think it was that cool. Emilio=uncool. I never have seen Repo Man or any of the Young Guns. Breakfast Club is a good show though.

Ted Jones said...

I still Ryan Gosling's gay