Monday, August 4, 2008

26 dang

So I turned 26 the other day. This was the first time I've celebrated a birthday while not in Reno. So my expectations for the day were fairly low. I pictured myself sitting in my room all day checking myspace over and over again. But it actually turned out pretty good. My friends took care of me. 
On Tuesday Brendan called me while I was at work and said "Tonight you're hanging out with me, Jeanie, and Amanda. And Tomorrow I'm taking you out to lunch." So I showed up at Brenden's house that evening. Where he gave me my hat that he had thought was stolen. So that was exciting. We went and picked up Jeaners and Mandy and then headed to Fubonn the Asian supermaket/mall. But it was closed. So we decided to go to the nickel arcade. I played Indiana Jones Pinball (in honor of the pops), air hockey, Semi-truck driving game, several shooting games, and some others. 
The next day I went to sushi with Brenden, Jeaners, and Tim. They do a free meal on your birthday, so that was wicked tight. It didn't compare to Reno sushi, but it was fun.
That night a group of us went black light mini-golfing. It was a good time, and of course I won because, well, I'm awesome. After that we went back to my apartment and enjoyed some beers.
Thank you to everyone who participated in my birthday it was a great time and you guys are awesome. Here's what I got.

A Ninja Turtles Cereal Bowl


a ridiculously enormous box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch




an Ewoks Lunchbox (Thank you Brenden and Jeaners)

an itunes giftcard (Thanks Jon)

a Best Buy Giftcard (Thanks Ray and Carley, My favorite store, you know me too well)


A Fart Whistle (Thanks Mandy)


Indiana Jones Mad Libs (You're the best Mom)


Creed's Greatest Hits (Thank you Michael, and thanks for the gift receipt)

I have cool friends 

2 comments:

theballroom said...

Did your TMNT bowl come with that nice display wrack? If you get tired of just eating that Cinnamon Toast Crunch with milk you should really try it on a Peanut butter samwich. It is delicious.

Mr. Jig said...

your old